DMCI Holdings’ SID CONSUNJI is MAP Management Man of the Year 2022October 15, 2022
The MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION OF THE PHILIPPINES (MAP) announced recently the selection of Mr. ISIDRO A. CONSUNJI, Chair and President of DMCI Holdings, Inc., as the recipient of the “MAP Management Man of the Year 2022” award.
The “MAP Management Man of the Year” is an award that the MAP confers on individuals in business or government, whether a member of the MAP or not, who have attained unquestioned distinction in the practice of management, and have made valuable contributions to the progress of the country and in re-shaping national values. It is bestowed on exceptional persons who have posted a record of achievement and distinction as leaders and managers of organizations, and who are exemplary models who deserve to be emulated by their peers and by the younger leaders and managers.
The conferment of the award follows a thorough, stringent selection process. The distinction of “MAP Management Man of the Year” has only been conferred 46 times in the five-decade history of the award.
The criteria for the award include integrity, leadership, and management qualities; contribution to nation-building and values formation; effective stewardship within the confines of the highest standard of business and management practice; among others.
Mr. Consunji was chosen for his:
- business acumen and management qualities in transforming a private construction firm into one of the Philippines’ biggest and most resilient conglomerates;
- leadership role in his group’s substantial contributions to national development, job creation and income generation through huge investments in construction, real estate, mining, energy and water distribution;
- unparalleled commitment to developing, training and sustaining a Filipino management team and staff;
- generous contribution to education, specially in the field of engineering and science;
- significant contribution in the form of innovative solutions to the housing problem of the Philippines;
- expertise in turning problematic assets and distressed companies under seemingly insurmountable situations into very productive investments;
- being an exemplar of the Filipino entrepreneurial spirit without public display and self-promotion; and
- personal contributions to shaping national values and inspiring others through his track record of integrity, managerial competence and professional leadership.
The roster of “MAP Management Man of the Year” awardees include: Washington Z. SyCip (1967), Geronimo Z. Velasco (1977), Henry A. Brimo (1978), Jose M. Soriano (1979), Cesar E.A. Virata (1981), Jaime V. Ongpin and Vicente T. Paterno (1982), Dante G. Santos (1983), Cesar A. Buenaventura and Roberto T. Villanueva (1985), Jaime Zobel de Ayala (1987), Ramon V. del Rosario, Sr. (1988), Jose B. Fernandez, Jr. (1989), Raul T. Concepcion (1990), Oscar J. Hilado (1991), Alfonso T. Yuchengco (1992), Juan B. Santos (1994), David M. Consunji and Rizalino S. Navarro (1996), Gabriel C. Singson (1998), Delfin L. Lazaro and Henry Sy, Sr. (1999), Oscar M. Lopez (2000), Tony Tan Caktiong (2002), Jesus P. Tambunting (2003), Rafael B. Buenaventura (2004), Manuel V. Pangilinan (2005), George S. K. Ty and Jaime Augusto Zobel de Ayala II (2006), Jose L. Cuisia Jr. (2007), Antonino T. Aquino and Jesus P. Estanislao (2009), Lilia B. de Lima and Ramon R. del Rosario, Jr. (2010), Erramon Aboitiz (2011), Aurelio R. Montinola III (2012), Edgar O. Chua (2013), Albert F. del Rosario (2014), Amando M. Tetangco, Jr. (2015), Teresita Sy-Coson (2016), John L. Gokongwei, Jr. (2017), Fernando Zobel de Ayala (2018), Nestor V. Tan (2019), Federico R. Lopez (2020), Carlos Chan (2021) and Isidro A. Consunji (2022).