BSP Governor TETANGCO is “M.A.P. Management Man of the Year 2015”
The MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION OF THE PHILIPPINES (M.A.P.) announced recently the selection of Governor AMANDO “Say” M. TETANGCO, JR. of the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) as the “M.A.P. Management Man of the Year 2015” awardee.
The “M.A.P. Management Man of the Year” is a prestigious award that M.A.P. bestows on individuals in the business community or government for attaining unquestioned distinction in the practice of management and for contributing to the country’s progress. The conferment of the award to Gov. Tetangco followed a thorough, stringent selection process. The distinction of “M.A.P. Management Man of the Year” has only been conferred 39 times in the 48-year history of the award.
The criteria for the award include integrity, leadership, and management qualities; contribution to nation building and values formation; effective stewardship within the confines of the highest standard of business and management practice; among others.
Governor Tetangco was chosen for the following:
1. for his expert and steady guidance of the Philippine monetary and banking system as a strong foundation for the current dynamism of the Philippine economy;
2. for his exemplary leadership in embarking on banking reforms, insulating the Philippine banking system from global volatility, and providing a resilient and responsive financial system that is conducive to a balanced and sustainable economic growth;
3. for pursuing finance education for the youth and for providing a world-class regulatory framework for microenterprise development;
4. for his contribution to re-shaping national values by setting an example that professional managers within and outside the BSP can emulate through his track record of professional competence, high ethical standards and strong leadership throughout his distinguished career as a central banker over a span of four decades;
5. for setting a global standard by his courage to transcend politics in asserting the independence of the BSP and consistently preserving BSP’s integrity as a monetary authority and institution while providing critical support for the country’s development.
The roster of “M.A.P. Management Man of the Year” awardees include: Washington Z. SyCip (1967), Geronimo Z. Velasco (1977), Henry A. Brimo (1978), Jose M. Soriano (1979), Cesar E.A. Virata (1981), Jaime V. Ongpin and Vicente T. Paterno (1982), Dante G. Santos (1983), Cesar A. Buenaventura and Roberto T. Villanueva (1985), Jaime Zobel de Ayala (1987), Ramon V. del Rosario, Sr. (1988), Jose B. Fernandez, Jr. (1989), Raul T. Concepcion (1990), Oscar J. Hilado (1991), Alfonso T. Yuchengco (1992), Juan B. Santos (1994), David M. Consunji and Rizalino S. Navarro (1996), Gabriel C. Singson (1998), Delfin L. Lazaro and Henry Sy, Sr. (1999), Oscar M. Lopez (2000), Tony Tan Caktiong (2002), Jesus P. Tambunting (2003), Rafael B. Buenaventura (2004), Manuel V. Pangilinan (2005), George S. K. Ty and Jaime Augusto Zobel de Ayala (2006), Jose L. Cuisia Jr. (2007), Antonino T. Aquino and Jesus P. Estanislao (2009), Lilia B. de Lima and Ramon R. del Rosario, Jr. (2010), Erramon Aboitiz (2011), Aurelio R. Montinola III (2012), Edgar O. Chua (2013) and Albert F. del Rosario (2014).
For inquiries, please contact M.A.P. Executive Director Arnold P. Salvador via 751-1152 or <