Foreign Affairs Secretary DEL ROSARIO is “MAP Management Man of the Year 2014”
The MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION OF THE PHILIPPINES (MAP) announced recently the selection of Secretary ALBERT F. DEL ROSARIO of the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) as the “MAP Management Man of the Year 2014” awardee.
The “MAP Management Man of the Year” is a prestigious award that MAP bestows on individuals in the business community or government for attaining unquestioned distinction in the practice of management and for contributing to the country’s progress. The conferment of the award to Amb. del Rosario followed a thorough, stringent selection process. The distinction of “MAP Management Man of the Year” has only been conferred 38 times in the 47-year history of the award.
The criteria for the award include integrity, leadership, and management qualities; contribution to nation building and values formation; effective stewardship within the confines of the highest standard of business and management practice; among others.
Secretary del Rosario was chosen for the following:
1. for raising the standards of economic diplomacy by pursuing an independent and principled foreign policy and for standing firmly in staunchly defending the Philippine national interest in the global arena;
2. for enhancing the Philippines’ bilateral partnerships with international institutions by steadfastly articulating Philippine interests and initiatives like maritime security, economic cooperation, counter-terrorism, people-to-people exchanges, among others;
3. for transforming the DFA into a strong, professional, and highly competent organization with full commitment to serve the Filipino people and the country;
4. for restoring morale in the DFA by limiting the number of political appointees and placing merit over seniority in the career advancement process for foreign service personnel;
5. for rationalizing Philippine presence overseas and reallocating resources to where these are most needed;
6. for his contribution to re-shaping national values by setting an example that Filipino professional managers can emulate through his track record of integrity, professional competence, and strong leadership in his management career in both public and private sectors; and
7. for proactively ensuring the safety and security of overseas Filipinos around the world.
The roster of “MAP Management Man of the Year” awardees include: Washington Z. SyCip (1967), Geronimo Z. Velasco (1977), Henry A. Brimo (1978), Jose M. Soriano (1979), Cesar E.A. Virata (1981), Jaime V. Ongpin and Vicente T. Paterno (1982), Dante G. Santos (1983), Cesar A. Buenaventura and Roberto T. Villanueva (1985), Jaime Zobel de Ayala (1987), Ramon V. del Rosario, Sr. (1988), Jose B. Fernandez, Jr. (1989), Raul T. Concepcion (1990), Oscar J. Hilado (1991), Alfonso T. Yuchengco (1992), Juan B. Santos (1994), David M. Consunji and Rizalino S. Navarro (1996), Gabriel C. Singson (1998), Delfin L. Lazaro and Henry Sy, Sr. (1999), Oscar M. Lopez (2000), Tony Tan Caktiong (2002), Jesus P. Tambunting (2003), Rafael B. Buenaventura (2004), Manuel V. Pangilinan (2005), George S. K. Ty and Jaime Augusto Zobel de Ayala (2006), Jose L. Cuisia Jr. (2007), Antonino T. Aquino and Jesus P. Estanislao (2009), Lilia B. de Lima and Ramon R. del Rosario, Jr. (2010), Erramon Aboitiz (2011), Aurelio R. Montinola III (2012) and Edgar O. Chua (2013).
For inquiries, please contact MAP Executive Director Arnold P. Salvador via 751-1152 or